Isoelectric Focusing (IEF)
SERVALYT™ Carrier Ampholytes
SERVALYT™ Carrier Ampholytes are low molecular weight molecules of zwitterionic character. They are a mixture of synthetically derived species of average molecular weight distribution of 400 to 1000 dalton and comprise a multitude of varying pI-values. In agarose and polyacrylamide gels containing ampholytes, a linear pH gradient will be built up when an electric field is applied - the ampholyte molecules »carry« a net charge and thus migrate in the electric field between the electrodes as long as they will reach the position of corresponding pI. They will stop moving then and form small plateaus (stationary stacks).
- high resolution due to multimeric composition
- fast staining and destaining times
- clear background associated with very low unspecific binding of dyes and stains
- high solubility in trichloroacetic acid (fast removal of ampholytes during fixation)
- virtually no interaction with metal ions
SERVALYT™ Carrier Ampholytes
SERVALYT™ PRECOTES™ Kits are made for special applications:
Large format (245 x 125 mm) for high throughput of samples in routine analysis
Standard format (125 x 125 mm) for screening analysis
Optimized particularly for the application
Detailed working instructions, reproducible results
SERVALYT™ PRECOTES™ Kits
SERVAGel™ IEF 3-10precast gel, 12 sample wells
The precast gel SERVAGel ™ IEF 3 - 10 is suitable for isoelectric focusing (IEF) in a pH range of 3 to 8.5 (Standard IEF) and 5.5 to 11 (non-equilibrium pH gradient electrophoresis, NEPHGE). For NEPHGE you change cathode and anode buffer as well as polarity of the electrophoresis chamber. In contrast to standard IEF, samples are loaded anodic, which enables an optimal separation of basic to very basic proteins.
- SERVA DNA Stain G is a safer alternative to traditional ethidium bromide stain for detecting nucleic acid in agarose gels. It is at least as sensitive as ethidium bromide and can b...
- SERVAGel Precast Vertical Gels SERVAGel™ precast vertical gels for mini slab gel electrophoresis are ready-to-use, prepared from acrylamide-bis and cast into unbreakable plastic ca...
- IPG Strips for 1D / 2D GE SERVA IPG BlueStrips are dried gel strips with immobilized pH gradient used in high resolution 2D gel electrophoresis of proteins. The strips have to be r...
- Detection Reagents Before membrane bound antigens can be detected, unspecific binding sites for antibodies on the transfer membrane have to be blocked. For many applications skim ...
- Agarose Media The electrophoretic behavior in gels of DNA and RNA is effected by their size and shape. Both RNA and DNA can exist as single and double stranded molecules and the s...
- Staining Kits Depending on the required sensitivity protein gels are Coomassie®-, silver or fluorescence stained after electrophoresis.Besides SERVA DensiStain Blue G for rapi...
- New Brochure: Instruments for Life Sciences Research! Electrophoresis Systems & Laboratory Equipment: Vertical Electrophoresis Horizontal Electrophoresis Power Supplies Spot ...
- DOWEX® Ion Exchange Resins DOWEX® resins are made of spherical particles. The benefit for the user is a highly efficient exchange process, due to optimal flow-through kinetics bec...