Our immunoassay technology provides unmatched analytical performance and customer value. We design assays for a wide variety of biomedical and pharmacologic research applications. In addition, our immunoassay technology eliminates many of the difficulties associated with other platforms while providing higher sensitivity and accuracy, superior result reliability, and faster, simpler workflows. MULTI‑SPOT panels multiply those benefits by quantifying multiple analytes simultaneously from a single, small-volume sample.
The majority of MSD immunoassays are sandwich assays, designed to measure the concentration of specific molecules in complex biological samples. The assays are provided in convenient 96- or 384-well microtiter plates and can be multiplexed for efficient processing. Biomolecules of interest are detected using SULFO-TAG– conjugated reporter molecules and our highly sensitive instruments.
Sample Protocol for MSD Sandwich Immunoassays:
- Add samples and calibrators to an MSD plate coated with capture antibody, incubate, and wash away the unbound analyte.
- Add SULFO-TAG–conjugated detection antibody, incubate, and wash away unbound detection antibody.
- Add read buffer and analyze with an MSD instrument.
Comparison of U-PLEX with ELISA and Bead Based Multiplexing Technologies
|Sample Volume||25 µL||50-100 µL||50 µL|
|Dynamic Range||3-4 logs||1-2 logs||2-3 logs|
|Number of washes
(between incubation steps)
|Matrix effects||No||Yes||Yes (bead aggregation)|
|Read Time||1 min||5 min||60 min|
|Instrument maintenance||None||Monthly calibration||Clogging problems|
- MULTI-ARRAY Technology MULTI-ARRAY technology combines electrochemiluminescence and arrays to bring speed and high density of information to biological assays. In combination wit...
- Instruments MSD offers instruments to fit every application, budget, and research environment. Our SECTOR S 600 is ideal for applications requiring high information content and hi...