Bambanker (5 x 20 ml)
5 x 20 ml serum-free freezing media for long storage of cells
- Enables long term cell storage at -80°C or -196°C
- Improved cell recovery and viability after thawing
- Ready-to-use freezing media – no programmed or sequential freezing required
- Serum-free – no risk of contamination
- Usable for all know cell lines
- Long shelf life
Long-term storage of cultured cells
Cryopreservation of mammalian cells is extremely valuable and common in biological research. Fear of losing a cell line to contamination or incubator failure is frequently the impetus for making archival storage of cells a high priority after receiving or generating a new cell line. Once transferred from growth media to freezing medium, the cells are usually frozen at a controlled rate and stored in liquid nitrogen vapor or at -130°C in a mechanical deep freeze. Although freezing a cell line is a commonly performed procedure, problems arise when suitable freezers are not available, or unwanted variables are introduced by the presence of serum, extra-wash or complicated freezing algorithms.
Save time while saving your cells
The cell freezing media BambankerTM permits cryopreservation of cells at -80°C (or in liquid nitrogen), obviating the need for an additional and expensive ultralow freezer and avoiding time consuming and complicated controlled freezing protocols. Simply (1) harvest cells, (2) aspirate medium, (3) resuspend in BambankerTM (4) transfer to a cryovial and (5) store at -80°C. No programmed or sequential freezing is required! BambankerTM is a serum-free cryopreservation medium that is delivered ready-to-use and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two years. Convenient 20 ml bottles are available, making BambankerTM freezing medium ideal for use by individual members of your lab. Today this innovative cell freezing medium BambankerTM is the market leader in Japan and characterized by many different published articles with very sensitive cell lines all over the world.
Serum adds variation to long-term storage
All BambankerTM products are produced with no serum. Cryopreservation media which contain sera have the disadvantage of fluctuations in recovery rates and undefined composition. Reproducibility of experiments with cells which were frozen in a serum-containing-medium, could be affected by lot-to-lot variation of the serum since the composition and concentration of proteins and other biological molecules varies with each batch of serum. This may result in issues when thawing and using cells from such serum-containing media. Breathe easy, as every ingredient of BambankerTM is precisely defined so that you can be confident that cells stored at different times will all behave and recover similarly.
Universal – even for preservation of stem cells
All common cell lines can be preserved resulting in a high number of intact cells after thawing. Recovery rates of even sensitive cells is much higher compared to regular media. For example the JCRB cell bank stores over 1,400 different cell lines with great success with BambankerTM.
- Safe DNA stainMIDORI Green Xtra Article number:MG10 Ultra-sensitive DNA stain for the detection of nucleic acids in agarose gels 1 ml MIDORIGreenXtra for in-gel staining and post ...
- MIDORIGreenDirect MIDORIGreenDirect is a safe alternative toethidium bromidefor visualization of double-stranded DNA, single-stranded DNA, and RNA in agarose gels. In contrast to m...
- MIDORIGreenAdvance MIDORIGreenAdvance is a safe alternative to the traditional nucleic acid stainethidium bromide. It is a non-carcinogenic and less mutagenic dye for detecting dsD...
- World’s smallest gel documentation system The FastGene®FAS-Nano is the smallest gel documentation system. It has unique features such as the Blue/Green LED technology, enabling the...
- FastGene FAS-Digi PRO Gel documentation system with innovative Blue/Green LED technology Key Benefits Documentation of nucleic acids in agarose gels Light-sensitive camera with 24...