Before membrane bound antigens can be detected, unspecific binding sites for antibodies on the transfer membrane have to be blocked. For many applications skim milk powder is an economic alternative to bovine serum albumin (BSA). For Western Blots where skim milk cannot be used, SERVA offers highly purified BSA like Albumin bovine Fraction V, pH 7.0, cat. no. 11930.
After blotting of nucleic acids before hybridization, non-specific binding sites are blocked by Denhardt’s solution (cat. no. 39603). For preparation of Denhardt’s solution or other molecular biology applications, Albumin bovine DNAse/RNase free, cat no. 11967 is the optimal choice.
In addition to a broad range of high quality substrates as powder, SERVA offers ready-to-use, highly sensitive substrate solutions for easy and fast detection of proteins in Western Blots.
SERVALight HRP Chemiluminescence Kits are a new family of highly sensitive ready-to-use kits for chemiluminescence detection of membrane bound antigens (Western Blot) or nucleic acid sequences (Southern and Northern Blot), labelled directly with Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) or indirectly with HRP-conjugated antibodies/streptavidin. They are easy to use, have an excellent stability, extended signal duration and save money and precious antibodies due to high dilution of antibodies.
Depending on the type of blotting (tank or semi-dry blotting) and the specific characteristics of the proteins, different buffers may be used for Western Blotting.
For small proteins or for tank blotting after SDS PAGE Towbin buffer is recommended.
For blotting proteins after SDS PAGE or IEF by semi-dry blotting a discontinuous buffer system is recommended. In Southern and Northern Blotting experiments 20x SSC or 20x SSPE buffer is used.
SERVA's ready-to-use transfer buffers save you time and labor and guarantee best results. Only high quality, application proved reagents are used.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of high quality reagents for making your own solutions according to your needs.
Nitrocellulose membranes are the most popular membranes for Western, Southern and Northern blotting. The membranes bind both proteins and nucleic acids. Nitrocellulose membranes exhibit high binding capacity and have low background.
Nylon-Bind membranes feature low background, high sensitivity and high binding capacities for blotting of proteins and nucleic acids. The higher inner surface of Nylon-Bind membranes is based on the unique microporous structure of the nylon material.
Fluorobind membranes are non-fluorescent, based on PVDF-type chemistry and are suited especially for protein blotting and protein sequencing.
The membranes show excellent mechnical stability and are compatible with most staining procedures including immunological methods.
- SERVA DNA Stain G is a safer alternative to traditional ethidium bromide stain for detecting nucleic acid in agarose gels. It is at least as sensitive as ethidium bromide and can b...
- SERVALYT™ Carrier Ampholytes SERVALYT™ Carrier Ampholytes are low molecular weight molecules of zwitterionic character. They are a mixture of synthetically derived species of avera...
- SERVAGel Precast Vertical Gels SERVAGel™ precast vertical gels for mini slab gel electrophoresis are ready-to-use, prepared from acrylamide-bis and cast into unbreakable plastic ca...
- IPG Strips for 1D / 2D GE SERVA IPG BlueStrips are dried gel strips with immobilized pH gradient used in high resolution 2D gel electrophoresis of proteins. The strips have to be r...
- Agarose Media The electrophoretic behavior in gels of DNA and RNA is effected by their size and shape. Both RNA and DNA can exist as single and double stranded molecules and the s...
- Staining Kits Depending on the required sensitivity protein gels are Coomassie®-, silver or fluorescence stained after electrophoresis.Besides SERVA DensiStain Blue G for rapi...
- New Brochure: Instruments for Life Sciences Research! Electrophoresis Systems & Laboratory Equipment: Vertical Electrophoresis Horizontal Electrophoresis Power Supplies Spot ...
- DOWEX® Ion Exchange Resins DOWEX® resins are made of spherical particles. The benefit for the user is a highly efficient exchange process, due to optimal flow-through kinetics bec...