Midori Green Direct
MIDORIGreen Direct is a safe alternative to ethidium bromide for visualization of double-stranded DNA, single-stranded DNA, and RNA in agarose gels. In contrast to most other non-ethidium bromide based dyes, MIDORIGreen Direct is just added to your samples. The loading dye is already included. You do not need to add any other loading dye to both gel matrix and running buffers
- Direct Staining of DNA/RNA
- No toxicity, non-carcinogenic
- Safe alternative of Ethidium Bromide
- Loading Dye is included
- Very low Background
Get the best signal to noise ratio
The direct staining of the DNA rather than the gel eliminates the background staining providing a perfect signal (Fig. 1). MIDORIGreen Direct was developed to work with Blue Light LED illuminators, but you can also use it with a regular UV transilluminator.
Fig.1: MIDORIGreen Direct detected by blue/green LED light vs ethidium bromide detected using UV-light.
Better Results for Downstream Application
The isolation of DNA from agarose gels enables downstream applications. It is well known that many dyes, such as ethidium bromide or even SYBR™ Green are strong enzyme inhibitors due to their intercalating properties. MIDORIGreen dyes bind to the DNA backbone. This results in a much higher efficiency for downstream applications, i.e. cloning (Fig. 2), seqeuncing, PCR, etc.
Fig.2: Better cloning efficiency with MIDORIGreen Direct. Increased number of transformed E. coli colonies with MIDORIGreen Direct than with ethidium bromide.
- Safe DNA stainMIDORI Green Xtra Article number:MG10 Ultra-sensitive DNA stain for the detection of nucleic acids in agarose gels 1 ml MIDORIGreenXtra for in-gel staining and post ...
- MIDORIGreenAdvance MIDORIGreenAdvance is a safe alternative to the traditional nucleic acid stainethidium bromide. It is a non-carcinogenic and less mutagenic dye for detecting dsD...
- Bambanker (5 x 20 ml) 5 x 20 ml serum-free freezing media for long storage of cells Key Benefits Enables long term cell storage at -80°C or -196°C Improved cell recovery and viabi...
- World’s smallest gel documentation system The FastGene®FAS-Nano is the smallest gel documentation system. It has unique features such as the Blue/Green LED technology, enabling the...
- FastGene FAS-Digi PRO Gel documentation system with innovative Blue/Green LED technology Key Benefits Documentation of nucleic acids in agarose gels Light-sensitive camera with 24...