Perform comprehensive multiplex gene expression analysis with 770 genes included in six fundamental themes of neurodegeneration: neurotransmission, neuron-glia interaction, neuroplasticity, cell structure integrity, neuroinflammation and metabolism.
- Developed for research of Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Frontotemporal Dementia, Huntington’s Disease and other neurological disorders
- Includes unique cell typing feature for measuring the abundance of five important cell types including neurons, astrocytes, microglia, oligodendrocytes and endothelial cells
- Customizable with up to 30 additional user-defined genes with Panel Plus option
Download gene lists:
Cell Press Selections
Read "Pathological Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration" in the Cell Press Supplement.
Genes included in the Neuropathology Panels provide unique cell profiling data for measuring the abundance1 of five important cell types including neurons, astrocytes, microglia, oligodendrocytes and endothelial cells. The table below summarizes each cell type represented in the panels along with the gene content qualified through current literature references.
|Cell Type||Cell Description||Associated Human Genes||Associated Mouse Genes|
|Neuronal cell death and loss of function is a key driver of neurodegeneration.||DLX1, DLX2, GRM2, ISLR2, SLC17A6, TBR1||Dix1, Dix2, Grm2, Isir2, Sic17a6, Tbr1|
|Astrocytes represent the most numerous and diverse glial cells in the brain, responsible for a wide variety of homeostatic functions including modulation of synaptic function, network regulation, energy metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, among others. The loss of normal homeostatic functions and gain of toxic functions is implicated in the onset and progression of neurodegeneration.||ALDH1L1, EGFR, ENTPD2, GDPD2, ITGA7, KIAA1161, NWD1, SOX9||Aldh1l1, Egfr, Entpd2, Gdpd2, Itga7, Al464131, Nwd1, Sox9|
|Microglia represent a CNS resident myeloid cell population ontologically distinct from peripheral macrophages/monocytes. Microglia act to maintain brain homeostasis, contribute to neuroplasticity, and serve as a first line of innate immune defense in the brain. Their activation may serve as an early indicator of pathology, while chronic microglia activation or dysfunction may contribute to disease pathogenesis.||GPR84, IRF8, LRRC25, NCF1, TLR2, TNF, AIF1, TMEM119, ITGAM, CX3CR1, P2RY12, SPI1||Gpr84, Irf8, Lrrc25, Ncf1, Tlr2, Aif1, Tmem119, Itgam, Cx3cr1, P2ry12, Spi1|
|Oligodendrocytes are highly specialized glial cells that synthesize myelin to ensheath axons of the central nervous system. Injury to or loss of oligodendrocyte function puts neuronal network function and survival at risk. Oligondendrocyte injury and death and axonal demyelination are hallmarks of some devastating neurological diseases.||BCAS1, ERBB3, FA2H, GAL3ST1, GJB1, GSN, MYRF, NINJ2, PLLP, PLXNB3, PRKCQ, SOX10, UGT8||Bcas1, Erbb3, Fa2h, Gal3st1, Gjb1, Gsn, Myrf, Ninj2, Pllp, Plxnb3, Prkcq, Sox10, Ugt8a|
|Endothelial cells form the blood-brain barrier and play a critical role in protecting the central nervous system from dangerous pathogens. Endothelial cells are equipped with a defense system against oxidative stress and their dysfunction can release inflammatory and neurotoxic agents in the CNS.||CLDN5, EMCN, ESAM, FLT1, ICAM2, LSR, MYCT1, NOSTRIN, TIE1||Cldn5, Emcn, Esam, Flt1, Icam2, Lsr, Myct1, Nostrin, Tie1|
- The nCounter Analysis System utilizes a novel digital color-coded barcode technology that is based on direct multiplexed measurement of gene expression and offers high levels of pr...
- Choose from NanoString’s broad portfolio of expertly curated, ready-to-use, gene expression panels. Each panel contains up to 770 genes—selected for published significance in key b...
- Perform multiplex gene expression analysis with over 500 general immunology genes. Panel includes major classes of cytokines and their receptors, enzymes with specific gene familie...
- Perform multiplex gene expression analysis with more than 200 genes focused on the study of inflammation. These genes represent a broad range of relevant pathways related to inflam...
- The nCounter Myeloid Innate Immunity panels are designed to encompass all aspects of the myeloid innate immune response for use in basic and translational areas including Immuno-On...
- Perform comprehensive multiplex gene expression analysis in Non-human primate with 770 key immune response genes that encompass 18 immune-related signaling pathways. Panel genes an...
- New discovery tool to better understand the links between known disease associated mutations and gene expression, which allows researchers to identify new gene functions and to loo...
- nCounter® DNA Assays simplify multiplexing of genetic and copy number variation (CNV) while providing precise, accurate, and robust results. These assays are highly optimized for r...
- Discover biomarkers with highly multiplexed, direct digital detection and quantification of miRNAs in a single reaction. nCounter® miRNA assays include panels for miRNA expression ...
- nCounter® Vantage 3D™ Assays The nCounter® Vantage 3D™ Assay portfolio is powered by 3D Biology™ Technology enabling you to profile combinations of DNA, R...
- Vantage 3D RNA Panels are a collection of focused gene expression panels addressing specific topics of interest in the field of cancer research. Vantage 3D RNA Panels are designed ...
- Protein Panel Products Vantage 3D Protein Immune Cell Profiling panel Vantage 3D Protein Immune Cell Signaling panel Vantage 3D Protein Solid Tumor panel for Lysate Vantage 3D ...