Custom DNA & qPCR Probes
We are recognized as the world's leading supplier of custom and predesigned nucleic acid products, peptides and molecular biology tools servicing the global life science community. Our ability to guarantee quality and performance is directly related to our comprehensive understanding of various synthesis chemistries and manufacturing platforms, our investment in analytical systems, and our experience in methods development. Choose from our comprehensive portfolio of products.
Sigma offers a comprehensive portfolio of DNA oligos, RNA oligos, predesigned primers and qPCR probes for applications including PCR, cloning, next-generation sequencing (NGS), microarray production, CRISPR, gene synthesis, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and pathogen detection.
DNA Oligo Specifications
|Synthesis Scales||0.025, 0.05, 0.2, 1.0, 10, and 15µmole
mg - gram quantity manufacturing available upon request
|Purification||Desalt, Cartridge, HPLC, PAGE
See Oligonucleotide Purification Guidelines
|Length||Up to 120 bases, consult technical support for feasibility of longer oligos up to 180 bases|
|Backbone||Phosphodiester / Phosphorothioate|
|Format||Dry or In Solution (normalized)|
|Modifications||Over 200 available, including dyes (fluorescent and non-fluorescent)|
|Packaging||2 mL - 50 mL Tubes, Microtiter Plates|
|Quality Controls||MALDI-TOF MS, Electrospray Ionization MS, OD by UV Spectroscopy|
|Includes yield, Tm (melting temperature), MW, and µg/OD
Duplicate set of labels with each order
|Additional Services||Concentration adjustment
Aliquoting into tubes or well plates
MSQC traces available upon request
DNA Oligos in Plates
Sigma can format your oligos to best suit your application as well as your automation and information requirements.
Custom specifications can include:
- 96 or 384 well plates: Various plate types available
- Concentration normalization options with fixed or variable volumes
- Dried or in solution (water or TE)
In addition to the common formats listed above, other options are available including:
- 1-D or 2-D Barcoding
- Customer Specified Plate and Buffers
- Daughter Plates (Copies)
- Forward & Reverse Primers in a Single Well
Each shipment includes data sheets for import into customers’ information systems containing well location, sequence, oligo name, lot number, MW, µg/OD, length, Tm, concentration and volume (in solution).
Additional quality control measures are in place to verify accuracy for custom formats. These measures may include:
- Plate orientation and well position verification by mass spectrometry
- Mixed Primers, i.e. Forward and Reverse in a single well, verified by mass spectrometry
- Verification for machine readable barcodes (1D and 2D)
- Visual inspection of all master and daughter plates prior to shipment
|0.05||1-2 days||1-2 days||3-4 days||3-4 days|
|0.2||1-2 days||1-2 days||3-4 days||3-4 days|
|1.0||1-2 days||1-2 days||3-4 days||3-4 days|
|Plates (non-modified)*||3-5 days||3-5 days||Inquire||Inquire|
|Greater than 1.0 µmole||10 days or less||10 days or less||10 days or less||10 days or less|
|Post-synthesis modified||7-10 days||7-10 days||7-10 days||7-10 days|
|All other modifications||5-7 days or less||5-7 days or less||5-7 days or less||5-7 days or less|
* Large projects will be placed on a delivery schedule based upon the customers project needs.
|Non-Modified Oligos (O.D./µg)*|
*Guarantees are for 20 mers or longer. Oligos shorter than 20 bases will have proportionally fewer ODs. Microgram amounts are calculated based on a 30 μg/OD value. If the μg/OD value is less than 30, the reported μg value will be proportionally less. Phosphorothioated yields are 70% of the above stated values.
- iScale Oligos DNA and siRNA are milligram quantities of custom DNA and siRNA oligonucleotides for in vivo, high-throughput, and commercial projects (life science research tools, mo...
- Regardless of next-generation sequencing (NGS) platform, universal and index adapter sequences are required for the proper assembly of sample fragments. Adapters – especially index...
- RNA Oligo Specifications Synthesis Scales 0.05, 0.2, and 1.0 µmolemg - gram quantity manufacturing available upon request Purification Desalt, HPLC, PAGEPurification is recomm...
- Design and Order DNA, LNA, and BHQ Probes for qPCR Synonym:BHQ Probes, BHQ, Black Hole Quencher, LNA probes, Probes, Real-Time PCR Probes, locked nucleic acid, qPCR assays, qPCR de...