Magnetic beads Technology
InviMag® Technology - Magnetic beads for DNA/RNA sample preparation
The InviMag magnetic beads have been developed and selected for the best performance in a variety of different applications. Depending on the application, sample characteristics and instrument platform used for purification, STRATEC Molecular selects the InviMag beads best suited for the particular purpose.
Characteristics of InviMag beads:
- fast magnetic response velocity by high magnetic content (70 – 90 % of iron oxides)
- various binding capacities through differents-sized beads (200 nm – 1 µm)
- good reproducibility and stability through uniform size distribution
- good suspension stability
Principle of magnetic bead-based nucleic acid purification
The InviMag Virus RNA Mini Kit allows for rapid and economical purification of viral RNA from up to 200 µl of clinical sample* using magnetic beads. The InviMag Virus RNA Mini Kit is designed for manual use on the InviMag Rack.
serum, plasma, cell-free body fluids, rinse liquid from swab, stool samples, small tissue samples
|InviMag® Virus RNA Mini Kit||up to 200 µl plasma, serum, cell-free body fluids, rinse liquid from swabs,
up to 50 mg stool samples,
up to 10 mg tissue
|depending on viral titer||about 20 - 25 min after lysis|
- highly efficient recovery of high-quality viral RNA from different sources, allowing for very sensitive virus detection
- linear yields - efficient purification over a wide range of viral titers
- Carrier RNA is provided in the kit
- CE-marked in compliance with the Directive 98/79/EC on in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVD-Directive)*
The sample is lysed in an optimized lysis buffer containing Proteinase K and Carrier RNA. The addition of Carrier RNA is necessary for the enhancement of RNA recovery in samples with low virus titer. Carrier RNA also stabilizes nucleic acids in samples with very small nucleic acid concentrations. The viral RNA binds to the magnetic beads, followed by washing steps and the final elution. Handling of potentially infectious samples is minimized, ensuring safety to the user and reliable processing of samples. Due to the high purity, the isolated viral RNA is ready to use for a broad panel of downstream applications:
- RNA dot blots
- cDNA transcription
- real-time PCR (quantitative RT-PCR, like TaqMan and LightCycler technologies)
- array technologies
*) Products which are CE-marked according to the IVD-Directive can be used for diagnostic applications in countries where this directive is recognized.
|Product||Package Size||Catalogue No|
|InviMag Virus RNA Mini Kit||50 purifications||1440300200
|InviMag Virus RNA Mini Kit||250 purifications||1440300300
|InviMag Virus DNA/RNA Mini Kit||50 purifications||1440100200
|InviMag Virus DNA/RNA Mini Kit||250 purifications||1440100300
- The genomic DNA binds under non-chaotropic conditions to the surface of the different supports. All impurities are very efficiently removed and the ultra-pure DNA is eluted in a lo...
- The kits using the RTP technology provide an Extraction Tube containing lyophilized lysis reagents (non-chaotropic lysis buffer, Proteinase K, other lytic enzymes), carrier nucleic...
- A unique feature of the STRATEC Molecular RNA Kits is the selective removal of genomic DNA from the lysate before RNA purification This step eliminates the hassle and cost of DNase...
- PCR Product & DNA Fragment Purification and Concentration Advantages convenient and fast sample processing the most efficient removal of contaminants high recovery rate of PC...
- Advantages ultra pure, ready to use pDNA very fast procedure combined with reproducible yields just binding, washing and elution no resin, no time-consuming ethanol precipitation ...
- The InviGenius provides advanced and reliable performance in automated nucleic acid sample preparation. The use of this system in combination with the well established magnetic bea...